If you should need help with snaps, we have many different ways to get in touch and we are always happy to help. Here you can find a curated list of questions which came up on AskUbuntu. We will keep on updating the list regularly.
Examples and tutorials
Check out the snapcraft source code where we maintain a lot of examples of how to turn software into snaps.
You can also install the
snap-codelabs snap for a step-by-step snapping tutorial:
sudo snap install snap-codelabs
You can then access tutorials on your local machine at port 8123 by opening
http://localhost:8123 in a web browser.
Snaps in General
- What is Snappy Ubuntu Core?
- How do services work?
- How to get more information about specific snaps
- Is it possible to have full hard drive access with a snap?
- Where can snaps write?
- How to enable classic mode
- How do I find snaps?
- Local snap repository
- Starting GUI interface in a snappy system
- How to use snaps via CLI and GUI
- How to update all snaps
- How to sideload an apps
- Will a sideloaded app get upgraded to a newer version in the store?
- How to convert a .deb to a .snap
- What is snapcraft?
- How are dependencies resolved?
- How does cross-building work?
- What is the grade option?
- How to build multi-arch snaps
- What is the oldest Ubuntu version, snapcraft can run
- How to package a binary.
- Setting a TCL/TK library path.
- Build fails because of missing python modules
- Adding dependencies to the snap
- How do I specify the python version when using the python plugin?
- Using a desktop launcher
- What about security in X11
- Can’t connect to X server
- The difference between the x11 and unity7 interfaces
- How can I create a menu entry for my snap?