Ubuntu offers a full range of Integrated Development Environment suites to meet each developer’s needs. Providing a combination of all of the facilities to write, interpret, build or debug code, the IDEs in Ubuntu bring together all the tools for a successful and enjoyable development experience at each app author’s fingertips.
Resources on this site
- Quickly workflow and tools – Quickly puts together all of the recommended tools for app development in Ubuntu
- Qt Creator – an alternative for those developers who choose to create applications in the C++ or QML programming languages
- Eclipse – and advanced and very flexible environment as an alternative for Java developers, extensible to support other languages through plugins
- MonoDevelop – the IDE from the Mono project, a first-class set of tools to develop in C#, the Free Software implementation of .Net technologies
Resources elsewhere on the web
- Anjuta – the official development environment from the GNOME project, as an alternative for C and C++ developers