Mono is a software platform designed to allow developers to easily create cross-platform applications. It is an open source implementation of Microsoftâ€™s .Net Framework based on the ECMA standards for C# and the Common Language Runtime. We feel that by embracing a successful, standardized software platform, we can lower the barriers to producing great applications for Linux.
Resources on this site
- Getting started with MonoDevelop â€“ an easy step-by-step guide to set up your C# environment in no time
Resources elsewhere on the web
- Core C# Documentation â€“ a comprehensive reference to the C# language.
- Get Started â€“ a simple first step at running your first Mono program.
- Writing a desktop app â€“ get started writing your first GTK# app.
- Mono desktop application programming â€“ a set of guides to creating apps with C# and the Mono framework