Communication in Ubuntu Development¶
In a project where thousands of lines of code are changed, lots of decisions are made and hundreds of people interact every day, it is important to communicate effectively.
Mailing lists are a very important tool if you want to communicate ideas to a broader team and make sure that you reach everybody, even across timezones.
In terms of development, these are the most important ones:
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel-announce (announce-only, the most important development announcements go here)
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel (general Ubuntu development discussion)
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu (MOTU Team discussion, get help with packaging)
For real-time discussions, please connect to irc.freenode.net and join one or any of these channels:
- #ubuntu-devel (for general development discussion)
- #ubuntu-motu (for MOTU team discussion and generally getting help)